Google Ads for businesses
Every business owner or business manager has wondered “What is Google Ads?“, “How does it help my business?” or “How can I advertise on Google?“.
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads advertising, or pay-per-click advertising (PPC), is the fastest and most cost-effective way to instantly increase revenue for a business or organization, whether it sells products or services.
It works by sending potential customers to the website, who are often willing to pay for the services or products that are being advertised.
PPC ads allow businesses and organizations of any size to achieve maximum online visibility. Completing a Google search, we can see that ads appear above or below the organic results, depending on their quality and the budget.
How does Google Ads work?
When a web user performs a Google search, PPC ads are the first results to appear on the SERP (Search Engine Results Page). These are the most relevant ads, in the form of listings and appear above the organic search results.
Whenever an ad is suitable for display, it goes through the Google Ads Auction. The auction determines whether the ad will appear or not and where in the page.
The process of creating Google Ads Campaigns is done on the Google Ads platform, usually by certified Google partners.
Google Ads allows businesses to target users on two main networks, search and display. The main categories of Google ads are:
Google Search Network Campaigns
Your ads may appear to users as they search for terms in Google Search and Google partner sites, as long as the terms match the keywords.
Google Display Network Campaigns
Display ads target specific audiences and help you reach users as they browse their favorite sites.
Google Shopping Campaigns
With shopping campaigns, Google algorithm uses a product flow to create and display multiple ads on different networks.
Google Video Campaigns
Video campaigns let you run video ads on YouTube and other sites and apps that are Google Partners.
Google App Campaigns
App Campaigns optimize the process, by making it easier for you to promote your applications to key Google products.
How can Google Ads help my business?
Advertising on Google provides a variety of benefits to advertisers and is one of the key digital marketing techniques.
Through this platform, the advertising business has the opportunity to increase brand awareness, website traffic and sales for its products or services.
Some of the benefits of Google Ads
- direct exposure to the potential customer – buyer
- geographic expansion and targeting larger audiences
- ability of companies to spend as much money as they want and manage the budget daily
- results and statistics analysis, in order to know what works and proceed to changes
Some interesting statistics
- Online users who click on an ad are 50% more likely to become customers. (webfx.com)
- 90% of computer searches are done on Google Search Engine. (webfx.com)
- Google’s advertising campaigns reach 80% of the global web users. (Google Benchmarks and Insights)
- Businesses earn an average of $2 for every $1 they spend on Google PPC. (Google Economic Impact Report)
- 98% of users choose a business that is on the first page of Google results. (BrightLocal)
Google Ads can be a complex digital marketing platform that you need to manage, especially if you are a busy business owner or marketer, trying to get the most out of the budget.
If campaigns are created correctly by marketing professionals and also combined with a SEO strategy for organic traffic, then the results will reward the business, whether the goal is to increase sales or brand recognition.